Friday, August 24, 2018

File this one under What the Fuck (yes spelled out)

So I'm trying to get a hold of the California Franchise Tax Board (FTB) because they sent me a Notice of Balance Due letter. I dial their number and navigate their menu tree. This is no easy feat as the menu tree is very misleading.

First thing they do is say "Do you need more time to file your current tax return?..." followed by a long explanation about paying quarterly tax. This is not why I'm calling!

They then ask:

  1. Perosnal Tax return
  2. Business entity information
  3. Learn about web self serve options
Now this notice is for my business but I don't want just business entity information. Badly labeled menu selection.

Once selecting #2, I get
  1. FAQ
  2. Forms and publications
  3. Solution information
  4. Any other information
I press 1, that didn't work... Needed to press 4 then 1. Finally in the queue!

"Thank you for calling... All of our representatives are assisting other callers...  we can call you back in more than 3 hours..."

3 fucking hours?!? You're shitting me!


No comments:

Post a Comment