Monday, February 12, 2018

Teaching recruiters one at a time


I can't believe how much I can teach tech recruiter's to be better at their jobs! I mean what the fuck do I know - I'm just a sysadmin/perl hacker and yet to me these things are just common sense. Are all you recruiters really that stupid?!? They must pay you like shit...

Here's another recent exchange.

On 02/12/2018 11:34 AM, Judd Plumley wrote:
Sounds great! thank you, sir!



From: Andrew DeFaria <Andrew@DeFaria.com>
Sent: Monday, February 12, 2018 11:23 AM
To: Judd Plumley <judd.plumley@OARIP.com>
Subject: Re: Seeking Senior SRE/DevOps Engineers, Disney

On 02/12/2018 11:06 AM, Judd Plumley wrote:
Yes, I don't see the skills required.  I am checking with you to see if you have them but did not put on your resume. I have seen it happen before.
I ask you, who in their right mind, having such highly desirable skills, would fail to list them on their resume?!?

Quite frankly I don't believe you. I've had way too many experiences with recruiters who fail to lift a single finger and do any qualification what so ever before approaching people. I have no idea why recruiters are so bad at their jobs but I have mountains of evidence that they are.

Let me suggest this to you... If you really are being truthful above and thought that I might be somebody with the required skills but after doing my due diligence and checking the resume I would have started off my initial message to the candidate with something like this:
Hi Andrew,

Respecting your time, I’ll get right to the point. I am helping Disney source tech talent for long-term contracts (18+ months) with their Studio Tech team at the Glendale, CA offices. They are looking for engineers with specific skills in systems management (Chef, Terraform, Ansible); multiple scripting (Python, Go, Perl, Ruby or Swift) and emerging containerization (Docker, Rancher, Kubernetes, OpenShift.).

In looking over your resume I did not notice anything explicitly stated in your resume other than Perl (this would have signaled to me that you actually read and evaluated my resume because Chef, Terraform, Ansible, Python, Go, Ruby, Swift, Docker, Rancher, Kubernets, OpenShift do not appear on my resume at all and a simple and quick text search of the document would confirm that!). On the off chance that you have worked with these technologies but have failed in include it in your resume, I'd love to speak to you about this position.

If not and should you happen to know someone who might, please respond back for the full job description.
Meantime, thanks for not respecting my time and instead wasting it!
--
Andrew DeFaria
Error reading FAT record: Try the SKINNY one? (Y/N)


--
Andrew DeFaria
Friends help you move. Real friends help you move bodies.

No comments:

Post a Comment