Thursday, November 23, 2017

Better than a car dealership?




Latest story - like I said, I still don't have proper Samba access to mount vobs. I put in a ticket stating "I cannot log into Unix machines and I do not have access to Unix shares that I need for my work". I have managed to get a Unix account created. But I need to be added to the proper netgroup.

So the tech closes my ticket. I reopen it stating "I still can't log in so this issue has not been resolved". He closes it stating that "Well you need the netgroup - go here to request that. There's nothing for us to do so I'll close this ticket again". I reopen it stating "Until and unless I can log into Unix machines and access Unix shares this ticket is not resolved". Again he closes it.

So I give him an analogy - I tell him if I go to the car dealership to have my brakes done and I get a call from the service manager saying my request is completed only to come to the dealership and be presented with a piece of paper telling me how I can request brake pads I'd be fucking pissed! It's not my job to pick the store where you'll purchase brake pads for my brake job! It's the responsibility of the auto mechanic or the dealership to resolved that!!! IOW it's part of the job and you should not involve nor expect the customer (i.e. me) to have to deal with this issue.

He states he understands but he's just following SOP. I tell him "Well then the process is broken and should be fixed".

You see I'm struggling to understand why the support process is so horrible at such corporations. We would not accept such "service" from our auto mechanic, plumber, etc. - why do we tolerate it from our helpdesk team?

No comments:

Post a Comment