Thursday, November 23, 2017

More support crap




Do people think at all how they come off to other people? Case in point - I want to set my Unix password but for some reason they've disabled the passwd(1) command. Off to the help desk it is for me! Apparently I have not paid enough penance.
So the conversation goes as follows:

Helpdesk dude ...hi Andrew how are you doing today
1:33:39 PM◄want to talk to you please ping me,regarding unix
2:30:50 PM Andrew DeFaria And your number is... 
2:31:24 PM Helpdesk dude ...i am mazhar from the helpdesk 
2:31:28 PM ◄andrew 
2:32:09 PM ◄as you called in for unix password setup 
2:32:17 PM Andrew DeFaria Yes. 
2:32:37 PM Helpdesk dude ...you already logged in however you want to setup a password 
2:33:37 PM Andrew DeFaria Yes, why doesn't the passwd(1) command work? 
2:34:30 PM Helpdesk dude ...please give me one minute
2:39:23 PM Andrew DeFaria Times up! 
2:40:23 PM Helpdesk dude ...sorry for that working on it 
2:41:03 PM ◄contact with XXXXX to confirm 
◄who worked on the time zone of unix system XXXXXXXX 
2:42:40 PM◄the case you raised through idm 
2:42:53 PM Andrew DeFaria Jessie's the only guy I 
know who has an underbar in his name! 
2:43:52 PM Helpdesk dude ...yes exactly 
2:44:46 PM Andrew DeFaria I find it hard to believe that I'm unique in wanting to set my Unix password... 
2:45:51 PM Helpdesk dude ...do not worry sir we will try our best to fix thix issue 
2:46:04 PM Andrew DeFaria Did I say I was worried? 
2:46:35 PM Helpdesk dude ...i really appologize for that 
2:46:39 PM Andrew DeFaria That's OK, this is making a great blog entry... 

Aside from the atrocious English spelling and grammar of this supposed College educated support tech... First off, why's he explaining my problem back to me? I know my problem - I'm not stupid.

Secondly, maybe ya should come to the party prepared! I mean the problem here is simple - a user simply wants to set his password. Have you read the trouble ticket? Do you understand the issues involve? Great then contact the user. But here clearly he state "please give me one minute" - Then clearly takes several! Shouldn't he have the solution in hand?

No comments:

Post a Comment