Thursday, November 23, 2017

Spammers...


Having fun with a spammer today. As you know spammers often use "Opt out" for ms to capture live email addresses. Well I have a list of about 4000 spammer emails. So I cobbled up a script to use wget to submit these 4000 spammer emails to this other spammer's "Opt out" list. Sometimes I'm evil! :-)
By and large I have handled most of my spam by writting a spam filter I call MAPS, which is spam spelt backwards. It stands for Mail Authorization and Permission System. Basically it's similar to IM clients in that you must "subscribe" to get permission to email me. MAPS is still under development but eventually I hope to support multiple users and to allow others to easily sign up to this as a service and to use a simple modified POP client that interacts with MAPS.

No comments:

Post a Comment