Thursday, November 23, 2017

Jinzora: Getting lame to work

October 6, 2005 8:28 AM

Getting Guest Users to use FSMP3 with Resampling to 32-bit

I wanted to have my Jinzora set up to allow streaming to Guest Users but at a reduced rate. Now that I have a new server with some horsepower such resampling does not cause lame to consume the entire machine.

Jinzora settings don't seem to always take hold

Jinzora still has problems with not showing the correct settings all the time. For example, when you selection User Manager: Edit default class it will say Adminstrators everytime even though it was really set to Guest User! Suffice to say it's hard to trust that Jinzora is showing you the correct current setting.
I've also seen that sometimes it doesn't seem as if Jinzora takes a setting. Here's what I was doing: I was going to User Manager: Modify User Class: Edit a class: select Guest Users from the drop down then Go. Here I would change the settings such as toggling on or off Stream and then Update User Class and Close. However that change didn't always seem to register. I found that if I then go into Edit default class and reset the drop down back to Guest Users then the changes seem to take hold.

Double Speed FSMP3 Problem

After getting Guest Users to be streaming, resampled to 32-bit working I noticed that FSMP3 was playing songs at double speed! Queried the Jinzora forum and got the following advice from Wim:
Goto \services\services\resample\resample.php Search for this line:
$lame_cmd = $path_to_lame. ' -S --silent --quiet -m j -b ' . $resample . ' -f -';
Change it in:
$lame_cmd = $path_to_lame. ' -S --silent --quiet --lowpass 12.0 --resample 22.05 -m j -b ' . $resample . ' -f -'; 
Search for this line:
$command = $path_to_lame. " --mp3input -S --silent --quiet -m j -b ". $resample. ' - < "'. $file. '" -';
Change it in:
$command = $path_to_lame. " --mp3input -S --silent --quiet --lowpass 12.0 --resample 22.05 -m j -b ". $resample. ' - < "'. $file. '" -';
You don't have to restart the webserver. Please let us know if it works, Wim.
I found that I don't have the first line but did have the second line (actually there is one for mp3 and one for wav files - I have no wav files), made the change and all is well now. However, this tweak would need to be reapplied if I reinstall Jinzora.

No comments:

Post a Comment