Thursday, November 23, 2017

Jaunty Jackalope


Here's what I did to install Jaunty Jackalope on my new computer
  • Install Jaunty Jackalope off the CD

  • Configure the Wireless network to use DeFaria.com all the time. Will probably change this to use a wired connection later.


  • Changed my uid = 500 and gid to 501. Added DeFaria to /etc/group


  • chown -r andrew:DeFaria /home/andrew


  • Enabled root access by doing sudo passwd root


  • Enabled passwordless sudo by adding "andrew ALL=NOPASSWD: ALL" to /etc/sudoers


  • Under System: Administration: Login Window, toggled on Allow local system administrator login and set Enable Timed Login. I had to set Minimal UID to 499 to allow this.


  • Logged out. Upon loging in I got that $HOME/.dmrc is being ignored because it's not owned by me. Fixed. Got logged in as andrew with a UID of 500!


  • Ran Update Manager. Installed all updates

No comments:

Post a Comment