Thursday, November 23, 2017

Podcatching in Jinzora


Unfortunately it doesn't seem to work, from http://www.jinzora.org/forums/viewtopic.php?p=12395:
I can hack the settings.php file I guess. Guys, when you introduce new functionality make sure you also implement it such that the user can always toggle such functionality on and off as well as add/delete and change things!

Here's an example, I played with the Link Track thing. Now I wish to delete the Link Track I added. How do you do that?!?

Also, playing with the Podcast thing. I added a podcast and it plopped a bunch of files under jinzora/data/podcasts. I don't want them there! How are they useful there? IOW how do I play any of the downloaded podcasts once they are downloaded?!?

I want these things under my music store/Podcasts/<podcast name> so in adjusting my settings.php I changed podcast_folder to "<path to music store>/Podcasts". When the Podcast Manager comes up a specify the New Path as <podcast name> and Jinzora proceeds to update the podcast. Now I'm not sure where these files have been downloaded too. I would have hoped it would be <music store>/Podcasts/<podcast name> but no files exist there!

I'd like to delete the 2 podcasts I attempted to play with but there is no delete button. I would like to tell you the settings I used for these podcasts but there is no edit nor view button. I can tell you what I used for the URL and Location. Let's take one as an example -
Title: This Week in Tech
URL: http://leoville.tv/podcasts/twit.xml
New Path: TWiT
podcast_folder: /web/Music/Podcasts
Yet /web/Music/Podcasts/TWiT is empty.

No comments:

Post a Comment