Monday, November 27, 2017

More crap from stupid recruiters

OK, so twice now I get emails for the exact same position, the first time from the same domain, thus the same company, and the next time from two different gmail addresses. In the later case the phone number for both of those emails is the same! Why in the world would you send the same job from the same person but use another email address?!? How exactly does that work?

So I called up the dude and he said that he sent it with another gmail address because the first one was returned undelivered. It was not returned undelivered - I know. I run my own email server and I have my own hand crafted spam filters. When you email me I send it back to you can tell you to "click here to register and your email will go through" - sorta like a captcha. But idiots like this don't bother reading the message thoroughly - not a good sign that they do anything thoroughly!

So then I asked him to read me that undelivered message in an attempt to get him to actually read the message that is returned. If they do read it usually they are (rightfully) embarrassed that they didn't bother to read it in the first place. So what does this guy start doing? He starts reading the job he's try to push off on me (it's in Milwakee so I'd never take it anyway). I correct him and say "No, I mean read the undelivered message you claim you received". And then the dude hung up on me!

Ok so:
  1. Sends multiple copies of the same job description using different email addresses as if that somehow makes it better.
  2. Is using gmail addresses - how unprofessional!
  3. Hangs up on potential clients!
  4. Oh, just saw this - uses Bcc to spam probably a dozen or so candidates. Using Bcc hides the "cc" list and instead is displayed as "undisclosed-recipients" by some email clients. The other day I got one from somebody who used Cc instead of Bcc so I replied all and told all of the people he was spamming that he's a crappy recruiter. Good work there dude!
And they wonder why I blacklist them and block their numbers...

No comments:

Post a Comment