Thursday, November 23, 2017

New Banking Partner




Sorry I've been taking my time responding. Truth be told the reason is, although you might not believe me, I don't actually like complaining! I'd much rather have nothing to complain about. But my personality type is also that I will not sit idly by when I have problems I shouldn't have to and/or can see improvements that can be made.

I have been making a list and I've decided to keep it on my server so I can amend and update it as time goes by.

However, the following is something I'd like to have taken care of quickly (it was #4 on my list but that may shift around a bit when I finally publish):
  1. I've had a problem logging into this centresuite.com - a totally separate website to manage my one business credit card. My account had been locked. I called up and complained. I was told that somebody - perhaps you - was supposed to get back to me to resolve the issue. It's been almost 3 weeks now, no followup, no phone calls, no email, nothing!
Basically I've had not been able to log in to that site to pay my business visa. Please fix, contact me or whatever as my next invoice is about to be paid and my plan was to pay that off then.

Note: You do not want to become like my last bank Wells Fargo

Problems with CNB website and/or mobile app:
  1. Often I can't simply log into the website instead receiving very uninformative error messages like: 

    When speaking to support they cluelessly tell me to "clear my cookies and cache". This never works and if you wrote a web app that requires you clear cookies or cache - then you wrote the website incorrectly.
  2. I signed up to get email alerts when my personal checking account is < $500.00. I often do not get them in time. For example, on 11/06 I had a balance of $529.48. Today my balance is at $160.39. There are several "In Process" transactions. It's 6 Pm on 11/07. Now I'm aware many banks post things at the close of the day. Fine. However don't cha think I should be notified that if the current outstanding transaction are legit I'll be under my $500.00 minimum balance? What if the total "In Process" transactions brought my balance below zero? I'd like to be told ahead of time! Otherwise the alert is worthless!
  3. Having to go to multiple sites to manage different accounts that I have with you, including business and profession is dumb! I want my total financial picture - not a limited set. Nor do I wish to maintain several bookmarks of where to go as well as usernames and passwords and stupid security questions.
  4. I've had a problem logging into this centresuite.com - a totally separate website to manage my one business credit card. My account had been locked. I called up and complained. I was told that somebody - perhaps you - was supposed to get back to me to resolve the issue. It's been almost a week now, no followup, no phone calls, no email, nothing!
  5. I should be allowed to simply transfer funds from say my Personal checking account into my Personal visa and have it effectively make a payment instead of having to search for the one link that allows me to pay a credit card.
  6. I would like to be able to set my business visa card to autopay every month. Can't seem to figure out how to do that.
  7. City National Mobile login does not work when using a service like LastPass. I have over 400 sites in my LastPass. It stores the username and passwords of the sites I visit. I've generated a unique 16 character password for just about all of my sites containing uppercase, lowercase, special characters, etc. I'm serious about security and want my bank to also be serious about security but not asinine about it! IOW use security practices that make sense and enhance security not those that don't make sense and detract from true security. Having this many passwords requires having a password manager. LastPass is setup such that it can fill in the username and password for you. On Mobile that means it uses "accessibility' options to effectively "type" for the user. City National Bank's mobile app does something wonky causing LastPass not to work. No other app in the some 100 apps I use has this problem!!! I've posted in LastPass's forum about this issue and they've confirmed that the CNB app is using the accessibility options incorrectly and they are eager to help your guys to resolve the issue. But for the life of me I cannot seem to get simply contact information for the app guys in CNB. Look if you need to go through your internal system then fine - go through your internal system. But please do not stop me or your developers for working together to resolve problems! MAKE THAT PATH EASILY AVAILABLE TO YOUR CUSTOMERS!!! NO MORE EXCUSES!!!
  8. When I write a check for my rent I want to see that deduction reflected in my online account so I know that that money is earmarked for somebody else and I really don't have that in my account!!! To my knowledge your website doesn't do that. Now on the new website it still doesn't do that. This is essential information for anybody! I need to know that I wrote a check for rent and not be writing any more checks or taking out any money that would cause that check to bounce. It's IMPORTANT! Worse case - make this an option that I can toggle on and others can toggle off if they don't like the way I'm proposing!
  9. If you ever prompt in your phone menuing system, for the user's account number, credit card number and you FORCE him to comply and enter that number before he can go forward, then good gawd man, let not the first question that comes out of the tech support's mouth when he finally gets a human on the line to be "What's your account number?" ARGH! How frustrating!
  10. If you're asking for a number who's length is known (i.e. 16 digit credit card number) then don't require that they type # to end the number! You know it ended! You know the length and the user entered in 16 digits. What is the purpose of requiring the "#"???
  11. I'm constantly being asked security questions even then I've registered my computer... Speaking of security questions - they're dumb! Many people besides myself know my mother's maiden name or the city where I was born. These are not secure! As such I answer such security questions with odd answers. Then I need to keep track of those odd answers per site. To add insult to injury I cannot reveal my security answer as I type it to insure that I typed it OK. Many sites allow you to show the password. You look over your shoulder, make sure nobody else is around then reveal the password so you know you typed it right. Is that too much ask?
  12. You should REQUIRE whoever is running this call center, I mean the directory of the call center themselves, that they have to call in at least once a month without disclosing who they are and actually be a customer of their own call center. This would go miles towards making service better!
  13. For grins I attempted to deposit a check using the mobile app. This time, unlike others, I purposely did not sign the back of the check. To my surprise the software said it could not find my signature. So I signed it - "You mean you needed this?". IMNSHO if a signature of "You mean you needed this?" was enough to "qualify" as my signature then signatures are totally bogus and should not be insisted upon.

No comments:

Post a Comment